Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pulling the Plug II

Taking the TV off our main level has gone much easier than I had thought it would. I've discovered, though, that my boyo II is a boyo with gusto. He finds a passion, and runs with it! The TV went bye-bye, so we've moved on. He's always liked books since he was an infant, but would often turn the pages before I could finish reading them. Now all he wants to do in read, read, read. AND, he listens to all the pages. We read book after book after book. He has his favorites too. That we read over and over again. How many times can one read, "Diapers are Not Forever?" without going nutty? Truely, I am ecstatic that he doesn't seem to miss the TV. Ninety-five percent of the time I am happy that it is gone too. That last five percent is me wanting something to lull Liam out of his sleepy funk after he wakes in the morning and after nap. I do not miss the preschool shows. I had come to loathe them. Even the descent ones like "Jack's Big Music Show" and "Wonder Pets." I couldn't stomach them because they were on so much, and I just couldn't get Liam to stop the whining and crying to turn it back on. He would sometimes be distracted for a few hours, but pretty soon the begging would start.

Life at home is a lot calmer. Even though I do have some crazy times when both boyos are crying and needing comforting at the same time, it's worth it. And he doesn't even know that his shows are accessible in the basement. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment